25 Sep The Power of Words: Audio Q&A
The Power of Words, an Audio Q&A
I love podcasts, round table discussions, and audio books! I listen while I cook, garden, and walk. I listen while I do laundry, clean, and get the stuff done that has to get done. Somehow, when my brain is happy and learning, I’m happy, too.
My current favorite podcasts include:
- Brevity Podcast hosted by Allison K. Williams
- Beautiful Writers Podcast hosted by Linda Sivertsen
- Writers on Writing hosted by Barbara DeMarco-Barrett
After listening for several years to audio interviews, you can imagine my excitement when this happened:
Linda Meyers asked me to join her round-table discussion at the National Association of Memoir Writers!
She emailed me a list of questions for our Q&A and I got to work on them.
- Why did you begin to write?
- How did you begin?
- How do you manage your time?
- Can you speak to the business side of writing?
- What are the best things a writer can do to improve writing skills?
- Talk about the fear of writing.
- What does your writing to for you and for others?
- What are you currently working on?
It was exciting, intimidating, and thrilling to get ready. Once I was on the phone with Linda it was smooth sailing. Linda was prepared, easy to talk to, and a lot of fun.
If you want to take a listen I’ll just say this: the first two or three minutes are setting up and saying hello – feel free to SKIP them!
So, here it is. My NAMW Round-table Discussion.
The Power of Words: 20 Years of Writing with Jill Kandel
Also, check out the other (free) round-table discussions hosted by Linda at NAMW. If you’re interested in writing and in writing better these discussions are a great place to start.
Thanks, Linda! It was an honor!